Monday, April 6, 2009

Civilian RG example

Welcome to April...my how time flies....

I've been working hard developing new marketing for America's Film Vault, hence the long delay in posting here. Below is another example of a civilian RG for your review. This one has only two reels; the rest of the moving image holdings are on videotape.

Records of the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS)/Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) Division, RG 515
1975, 2 reels
Motion Picture and Video Recordings, 1975-1992, [515] (88824); two film titles.
• Seneca Glass Works — established in 1904, this film explores this successful Morgantown,
WV business, 1975.


While I continue to work on promoting America's Film Vault, I am working on the final edit of my next book Projected History: A Catalog of the U.S. National Stories Released by Universal Newsreel, Volume II, 1931-1932. I may have some excerpts from it on this blog sometime in the near future.

On a personal note, I have found that there is very little monetary profit to writing reference books. I do what I do purely out of a love for our country's rich collection of filmed history, its cinematic heritage, and a strong desire to ensure that it's preserved for future generations. These films are worth cherishing. It's also incredibly valuable to know what's in America's film vault and where to look to get your hands on a copy of it.

'Til next time-
Phil
www.pwstewart.com

No comments: